The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra is excited to announce the return of our Sensory Friendly Concert.
Sensory friendly concerts are designed for people of any age on the autism spectrum or with a sensory sensitivity and their families, but all are welcome! Concert modifications include dimmed house lights remaining on during the performance, flexible seating, relaxed house rules, on-stage hosts, available sensory kits, noise reduction headphones, quiet areas, concert social narratives, and more. Patrons are encouraged to come early and enjoy an hour of special pre-concert activities.
We’ll enjoy the ultimate spring break get-away – through music! What’s your favorite kind of cruise? A Caribbean cruise? A European river cruise? Or maybe a Disney cruise? We’ll do it all with the help of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and our onstage cruise directors!
SOCIAL NARRATIVE & SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
Sunday, April 16
Patrons are encouraged to arrive early and get familiar with the Bradley Symphony Center! Beginning one hour prior to the performance, families are invited to pick up an Activity Bag and enjoy special pre-concert activities. Trained MSO Ambassadors will be located around the building to answer questions and assist patrons. Resonance Food Co. will also offer family friendly snacks and beverages for sale.
Sensory Friendly Concert Modifications
- Dimmed house lights remain on during performance
- On stage hosts will prepare and guide audience through concert
- Flexible seating and relaxed house rules
- Available sensory kits and noise-reduction headphones
- Free activity bags including fidgets
- Designated quiet areas
- Family-friendly food concessions
- Trained MSO Ambassadors on site to assist patrons
- Flexible refund policy if patrons are unable to attend