The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra currently has the following employment opportunities available:
Corporate and Foundation Manager
Corporate and Foundation Manager
At the direction of the Director, Annual Fund, the Corporate and Foundation Manager is a member of the MSO Development Team tasked with execution of identified annual MSO corporate and foundation fundraising strategies.
The MSO Development Team is the arm of the MSO that is chiefly responsible for all cultivation and solicitation of personal, corporate, foundation, and government entities for the purpose of engaging our community, building relationships and securing necessary funding that works to support the current and future needs of the organization.
The Development Team interacts with all artistic and administrative segments of the MSO. Therefore, the work of the team is highly collaborative and involves working with MSO musicians, administrative staff/departments, patrons and members of the MSO Board of Directors.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation contacts (local, regional and national) targeted for gifts to the MSO’s annual operating campaign, special projects, gifts-in-kind, and other partnerships with the goal of increasing support from this division.
- Create individualized Moves Management cultivation plans for each prospect, which will include personal visits, written communication, tracking of all proposal submissions, notes, volunteer/board contacts and concert attendance—all designed to create lasting relationships with these prospects.
- Assist in the overall planning, goal setting and implementation of fundraising strategy for corporate and foundation giving.
- Create and ensure maintenance of a corporate and foundation grant/proposal calendar to track due dates for letters of intent, applications and progress reports. Meet all deadlines to ensure MSO qualifies for funding consideration.
- Make personal visits to corporate and foundation giving officers alone or with other MSO staff or key volunteers.
- Communicate and fulfill all applicable benefits (e.g. group sales, client entertainment, employee discounts, etc), to provide incentive, add value and align respective MSO and funder objectives, and create opportunities for strengthened partnerships (e.g.: employee volunteering).
- Coordinate and work with the Development Communications Manager in regard to letters of intent and proposals for general operating funding, program underwriting, and concert sponsorship.
- Focus on acquisition of new corporate and foundation supporters, including in-kind support.
- Serve as a Development representative or Concert Duty Manager at MSO concerts and events as needed.
- Assist the Development staff in solicitations of donors for the United Performing Arts Fund Annual Campaign.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and a minimum of five years work experience in corporate and foundation fundraising with an existing rolodex of connections and demonstrated success in achieving annual fundraising goals. Knowledge of the grant and proposal writing process highly desired and preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills expected. Writing sample required.
How to Apply
Send your resume and writing sample as Word or PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer.