The Teen Choral Partners project returns with MSO Music Director Ken-David Masur at the helm! The performance will take place in the brand new Bradley Symphony Center.
Each season, Wisconsin high school choral ensembles are invited to compete for the chance to perform with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra on the teen program in the Concerts for Schools series.
Ensembles selected for 2021 will work closely with conductor Ken-David Masur to prepare excerpts from Mozart’s Requiem before rehearsing with the MSO and performing the work during our Teen Concert on March 17, 2021.
To be considered, choral ensembles must submit the application, a recording of two selections (either by emailing mp3 files, submitting online through our website, or mailing a CD), and a current repertoire list no later than June 22, 2020.
Please note: If you wish to apply but have difficulties meeting any of the requirements below due to the COVID-19 situation and how it has affected your 2019.20 school year, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application, audio recordings, and current repertoire list** must be mailed* or emailed to the following address by June 22, 2020.
MSO Education Department – Teen
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
1101 N. Market Street, Suite 100
Milwaukee, WI 53202
If selected, ensembles will be notified of their invitation to perform by July 24, 2020.
*Per Governor Evers’s “Safer at Home” order, the MSO Administrative Offices are closed. Digital submissions via email of application, audio recordings (email or website submission), and repertoire list are preferred at this time.
**If the COVID-19 situation affected what repertoire you actually performed in 2019.20, please send us a list of what your planned repertoire was for the 2019.20 year. Please note which pieces were actually performed or rehearsed.
AUDIO RECORDING PARAMETERS
- Recordings of two selections from current repertoire must be provided. Contrasting selections are recommended.
- Recordings should be submitted through online submission, emailing mp3 files, or mailing a CD. Mp3 files can be emailed to email@example.com.
- The chorus applying must be the only chorus featured on the recording. Separate entries for different ensembles at your school are permitted.
- The current director must be the director for the 2020.21 season.
- Selections may be either accompanied or a cappella.
- Pop music should not be included.
Congratulations to the 2019 Participants
Germantown High School (Germantown, WI)
Jonathan Brooks, director
Living Word Lutheran High School (Jackson, WI)
Robert Cody, director
New Berlin Eisenhower High School (New Berlin, WI)
Natalie Baertschy, director
Wausau West High School (Wausau, WI)
Brad Burrill, director