- Why are individual donations important to the MSO?
- What benefits are associated with my giving level?
- How do I make a gift to the MSO?
- Payment Options
- Who do I contact with questions about my donation?
- Can I make a gift in honor or in memory of someone?
- What is corporate gift matching?
- How do I find out if my employer has a matching gift program?
Individual donations are instrumental to the success of the MSO because contributed income from patrons like you make up nearly 60% of our annual revenue. Each year, ticket sales cover just 30% of the MSO’s costs. Gifts from generous donors like you assure that we will fulfill our mission.
Your gift will help the MSO continue to:
- Enhance the cultural life of our community by presenting Classical, Pops, and Family concerts
- Engage approximately 40,000 students each year through its school concerts and education programs
- Offer free performances throughout the greater Milwaukee area
- Tour the state of Wisconsin, allowing communities from Rhinelander to Eau Claire to enjoy our world class musicians
- Broadcast the MSO’s nationwide syndicated radio programs in more than 100 markets
View donor benefits here.
There are many ways to make a donation to the MSO:
- Phone: Will Loder at 414.226.7851
- Fax: 414.291.7610
- Web: Donate here
- Mail: MSO Annual Fund
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
1101 North Market, Suite 100
Milwaukee, WI 53202
There are a variety of payment options available:
- Check: Make payable to Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
- Gift from IRA: Transfer up to $100,000 directly to charities without claiming that money as taxable gross income.
- Gift of Appreciated Stock: Take advantage of increased tax benefits. For more information on making a gift of stock, please call 414.291.6010.
Flexible Payment Plans
The MSO wants you to be comfortable with your donation. You can make a one-time gift or you can set up a payment plan that best suits your needs (monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, etc). This payment plan can involve automatic withdrawal from your bank account or credit card, or a pledge reminder sent to your home.
Shortly following receipt of your donation you will receive an acknowledgement letter for your records.
If you have any questions regarding a donation you have made, how much of your donation is tax-deductible, or the benefits of your giving level, please contact Will Loder, Development Department at 414.226.7851.
Yes, we feel privileged that you would choose the MSO to commemorate the life of a loved one. When you make a donation in honor or in memory of someone, the MSO sends a personalized letter acknowledging your gift to the person you are honoring or their family. This gift will be notated in the Tribute Gifts section of the Encore program book.
As an employee benefit, many companies match the charitable contributions made by their employees and retirees. Through corporate gift matching, your employer can double, or in some cases triple your gift to the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Matching gifts count toward your Annual Fund gift, so if the matching gift moves you into a higher giving level, you will receive the benefits of the new level.
Please check with your company’s human resources department to find out whether a matching gift program exists.