The Milwaukee Symphony partners with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute to bring the Link Up program to our community. Link Up pairs orchestras across the country with students in grades 3-5 at schools in their local communities to explore orchestra repertoire through a year-long, hands-on music curriculum.
Your school will receive:
- Link Up curriculum guide for teachers
- Access to digital, interactive Student Guides* and online resources, including audio and visual, via Carnegie Hall’s website
- Professional development session
- An interactive Link Up concert featuring the MSO
Your school will need to provide transportation to and from the Link Up Concert and, if possible, recorders for students to participate in the curriculum. If you do not have recorders and/or are not able to purchase them, the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra will provide recorders for your students.
* Carnegie Hall has been gradually transitioning from printed curriculum materials to digital resources, in an effort to make their materials more interactive and dynamic. Starting this fall, Carnegie Hall will launch a newly designed set of online resources that will offer all the curriculum materials teachers are used to, enhanced with additional media, intuitive navigation, and interactive sheet music for all participatory pieces.
Make the most of your Link Up field trip day.
Add a Milwaukee Art Museum tour to complement these performances. Separate fees apply. Call 414.224.3842 for information and to schedule your tour.
The Orchestra Moves
March 9 + 10, 2021
10:30 am & 12:00 pm | Bradley Symphony Center
Yaniv Dinur, conductor
Thomas Cabaniss: Come to Play
Arturo Márquez: Danzón No. 2
Strauss, Jr.: The Blue Danube
Mozart: Overture to The Marriage of Figaro
Bizet: “Toreador” from Carmen
Beethoven: Symphony No. 5, first movement
Angélica Negrón: “Uno, dos, tres”
Filho: Cidade Marahivlhosa
How do composers make music move? Explore musical ideas such as motifs, melodies, dynamics and more in Link Up: The Orchestra Moves. In partnership with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute, Link Up pairs orchestras across the country with students in grades 3-5 to explore orchestral repertoire through a year-long, hands-on music curriculum. These culminating Link Up performances with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra will move you!
“It was such an incredible experience! I love how the audience got to interact during the concert like we were part of it! I would do it again in a heartbeat!”
-Elizabeth, St. John Vianney student
"I liked that the show was interactive; like when we would sing and play the recorder. I liked that most of the songs were intense and exciting.”
-Sage, Roosevelt School student