The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra currently has the following employment opportunities available:
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Development, the Development Associate serves as a support staff member, facilitating the ongoing operations and activities of the Development Department. All duties are performed with the ultimate goals of contributing to department efficiency, and increasing the MSO’s positive relationships with donors and friends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as lead for all donor gift entry and batch execution within Tessitura database on a daily basis. This activity requires excellent organization and time management skills.
- Facilitate and oversee timely processing of acknowledgement letters, ensuring all donors are thanked within three days of their gift, and that letters are personalized by the appropriate gift officer.
- Enter and update Tessitura constituent records, including gift records, contact information, biographical information, stock transactions, touch points, plan steps, and other development detail. Assist the Development Systems Manager in maintaining best practices for the database, ensuring data integrity.
- Facilitate the process of Encore program book recognitions, including Tessitura, list extraction and cooperation with development staff to update and edit as needed.
- Responsible for operations support, including ordering department paper, collateral, refreshing protocol lists, facilitating donor communications, prepping solicitation packets, filing (shared drives and physical), coordinating mailings, and more.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordination of departmental and Advancement committee meetings, including agendas, minutes, printed materials, room accommodations, and refreshments.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF) performance requests and other UPAF campaign functions.
- Respond to donor inquiries as needed.
- Serve as a Development representative at MSO concerts, campaign meetings, and special events as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS
This position is highly visible and has contact with MSO Board Members, campaign volunteers, MSO staff and orchestra members, and prominent community leaders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The successful candidate will be very detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills. A professional phone manner, high-level customer service skills, respect for donor confidentiality and experience working with many different constituencies in a team environment are necessary.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and at least 1-2 years development experience is preferred or 1-2 years in a customer service or clerical position. Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM database (Tessitura preferred).
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
General book-keeping skills are required. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel highly preferred.
This position requires the ability to multi-task.
Must be able to use a computer on a daily basis and associated software, including word processing and CRM database, as well as calculator, telephone, voicemail, copier, and postage meter.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra to employ the most qualified person available for a job. This policy recognizes individual differences and the specific demands of each position. The MSO has a firm commitment to extend equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all people without regard to age, race, creed, color, disability, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, military service or any other characteristic prohibited by law except where a bona fide occupational qualification precludes employment.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The MSO complies with all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Accommodation of Disabilities. This means that we do not discriminate against any qualified individual with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship to include: application for employment, recruitment, hiring, promotion, and/or advancement in employment, compensation, training opportunities or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
The MSO believes in and practices equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Managers and supervisors are responsible for implementation of this policy. All questions about this Act should be discussed with the Human Resources Manager.
Salary will be commensurate with experience as appropriate. The Development Associate is entitled to all benefits available to full-time employees including health, dental, life and long-term disability insurances and eligibility to participate in vision insurance, flexible spending account plans, and staff retirement savings plans.
The above is representative of the position; there may be other activities or responsibilities required which are not listed. This does not constitute a contract with any person in any position.
Please submit your resume, addressed to Cynthia Moore, Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion Manager by email in PDF or Word formats to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or hard copy/physical mail submissions.
The MSO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.