The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra currently has the following employment opportunities available:
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The Front of House Staff for the Bradley Symphony Center are responsible for execution of events in a safe, courteous, and professional manner. Under the direction of the House Manager, the Front of House Staff work on a show-by-show basis to ensure patrons enjoy their experience in the hall at each performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Welcome guests to the Bradley Symphony Center events/venues and ensure the safety and comfort of all patrons.
- Ensure compliance with building safety, security, and emergency procedures during Symphony Center events.
- Assist in preparing the facility for events, including program book distribution and signage placement. May require carrying items up to 50 pounds and navigating steps or heights.
- Guide and train volunteer ushers in the execution of their duties at the direction of the House Manager.
- Communicate any patron issues to the House Manager.
- Provide patrons with the appropriate contact information and/or Box Office Manager business cards for patron concerns, compliments, and questions.
- Other duties as assigned by the House Manager
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The position requires a high school diploma. Prior front of house experience is preferred. Must have outstanding customer service skills and a superior interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to solve problems with ease and efficiency. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work as a team in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment; must have the ability to multi-task successfully. General computer proficiency is required. Must be able to commit to weeknights and weekends as needed.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
This position requires general computer proficiency. General enthusiasm for and experience with the performing arts is encouraged
Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience as appropriate. Front of House Staff members are entitled to all benefits available to part-time employees.
The above is representative of the position; there may be other activities or responsibilities required which are not listed. This does not constitute a contract with any person in any position.
Please submit your resume, addressed to Cynthia Moore, Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion Manager by email in PDF or Word formats to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or hard copy/physical mail submissions.
The MSO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.