edi action agenda
OUR MUSIC & PERFORMANCE
- Perform and release musical works of composers who represent historically marginalized groups including all women, men of under-represented race/ethnicity groups, and other marginalized group members.
- Design artistic programming and build multiple community partnerships to deliver social issue music programming as well as thematic programming associated with local concerns and interests.
- For school age children of the Greater Milwaukee area, increase accessibility in school music programming and education resources.
OUR AUDIENCES & COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS
- Expand the demographic diversity of MSO orchestra, chorus, and employee groups among under-represented social identity dimensions and create systems, policies, and practices to welcome and include them in the MSO community.
- Build a Board of Trustees that is more representative of the demographics of people of the Greater Milwaukee area.
- Develop an active, structured MSO advisory group of community members to help inform programming, public initiatives, MSO priorities, and external communication.
- Create multi-year artistic partnerships with guest artists and composers who represent historically marginalized groups including all women, men of under-represented race/ethnicity groups, and other marginalized group members.
OUR VENUE & PATRON EXPERIENCE
- Ensure that all Milwaukee area residents feel welcome and included in our new Bradley Symphony Center space.
- Bring more Milwaukee area residents to the MSO as first-time visitors than ever before. Open the building; liaison with local community groups; make the BSC accessible to the public; deliver music performances and artwork outside the building and into the neighborhood.
OUR STAFF AND BOARD PRACTICES & POLICIES
- Implement a biennial Equity Compensation Analysis for all employees to ensure equity across gender, age, and race/ethnicity.
- Deliver an ongoing learning program on EDI leadership, inclusion, and cultural competence to all MSO employees and Board members.
- Manage for success and secure resources to implement the Action Agenda; share our journey story widely with our stakeholders; continue to research opportunities and realities.