The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra currently has the following employment opportunities available:
Development Systems Manager
DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS MANAGER
Under the direction of the Vice President of Development and in alignment with the Annual Fund Manager, the Development Systems Manager provides the best possible support of MSO Development efforts by managing and maintaining donor record and data processes. This position is responsible for the management of donor information—including donor gift entry and acknowledgment; individual and corporate billing, tracking fundraising campaigns; creating department reports; creating and maintaining donor information tracking systems. Identifies and resolves issues with donors, systems, and software as appropriate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages development processes in Tessitura including campaign and appeal set-up using best-practice methods. Manages and updates all donor records accurately, including bio information, data entry, gift records, stock transactions and correspondence.
- Participates in planning and implementation of data extraction for campaign appeals, mailings. Responsible for accuracy of data. Recommends data segments and campaign strategies to colleagues.
- Creates and maintains donor information tracking systems that best utilize the data repositories built into the database, taking into account frequency of use.
- Maintains and updates department reports, both electronic and paper, in a manner that is accessible to staff and useful for volunteers for campaign execution. Prepares weekly campaign revenue and solicitation tracking reports. Works with Finance Department, generates daily reports for batch transactions, full month-end departmental reporting and additional reports and information as requested. Works with department members to find the best report options to accomplish campaign analysis and strategy needs.
- Supervises donor acknowledgement letters for the Annual Fund, and prepares pledge reminders/monthly billing statements, event invitations and other mailings generated by members of the Department. Record donor benefit preferences during gift acknowledgement for Annual Fund team.
- Maintains donor recognition lists (Annual Fund, MLS, and Endowment) for all MSO periodicals (Encore, Annual Report, etc.). Prepares and reviews for accuracy any needed invitation lists for development events.
- Maintains, at all times, positive relationships with volunteers, prospects and donors, facilitating the needs of other MSO departments whenever possible. Handles inquiries, assists with donor questions or requests, working closely with Finance and other departments to facilitate customer needs and to ensure accurate record-keeping. Maintains strictest confidentiality of prospect and donor information, campaign progress and organizational information.
- Thoroughly understands all Development Department and general office software and equipment. Investigates and incorporates processes and procedures for the management of the data in Tessitura. Participates in the Tessitura audit team. Audits Tessitura data standards and reviews how information is being inputted into the system.
- Acts as trainer for new department team users on the system. Organize and communicate Tessitura training sessions for department staff.
- Documents processes and systems to ensure adequate controls and consistency.
- Participates in Milwaukee Arts Partners (MAP) meetings and strategic planning sessions in order to maximize the use of Tessitura and recommend best practices.
Education and Qualifications
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree—Business field is desirable. Bookkeeping, balancing receipts/sales, and data maintenance/analysis experience are desired. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required for this position. Acute attention to detail, database, and word processing skills, including MS Office Programs, are required. A basic knowledge of fundraising and experience using Tessitura software are preferred. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
If interested in application, please send resume which includes history of database experience and salary requirements to email@example.com. The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer.